|Jacket: ZARA (similar) / Blouse: Express (similar) / Jeans: c/o Fidelity Denim in Parker Thrasher Vintage / Heels: Winners (similar) / Necklace: c/o Onecklace (similar) / Bag: Balenciaga City|
And let's talk about the silhouette...baggy and boyfriend style...with cropped hems and a wide-leg. There is a LOT going on with these jeans. Yet, I secretly ADORE them! Paired with black leggings, I can enjoy all the distressed detailing without exposing any skin.
My jeans are from Fidelity Denim, which was founded in 2005 by Jason Trotzuk. Attention to detail is a priority at Fidelity Denim - each pair is made in Los Angeles with premium fabric imported from Italy and Japan.
I'm already planning how I want to style my Fidelity Denim in the summer - gold sandals, a white cotton blouse and pearl tassel earrings - the ultimate weekend outfit.
My Tips for Styling Shredded Denim
- If your jeans are super baggy, add some structure on top with a jacket, blazer or fitted blouse.
- To avoid showing too much skin, pick a pair with patches underneath the distressing, or wear black leggings under your jeans
- Point your toes when stepping into your jeans, to avoid catching on the holes and making them larger (unless that's the look you're going for!)
- Wash your jeans in a mesh laundry bag - this protects the distressing fabric from ripping too much
- For boyfriend-style shredded jeans, wear delicate shoes to contrast with the baggy cut - heels or strappy sandals are a great option.