|Jacket: AEO / Jumpsuit: Old Navy / Sandals: Old Navy (similar) / Bag: Coach|
I also wanted to feature a couple of products that I've been testing out over the summer. Benefit released a line-up of 9 new brow products in July - and they have been game changers. There's a product for EVERY thing - from brow volumizing fiber gel to nutrient-rich primers - they even have highlighters for brow hairs!
When it comes to grooming my brows, I'm very low-maintenance. I think fuller brows are popular because they can make you look more youthful, but if you apply too much product, it can end up looking too severe. Luckily - the Benefit brow products are very natural-looking yet effective. My two must-have products are "precisely, my brow pencil" and "high-brow".
- I use "precisely, my brow pencil" to outline the shape of my brows, gently filling in any gaps. This pencil has a super-fine tip, so you have a lot of control.
- I focus most of my colour on the outer half of my eyebrow and use a VERY light hand in the inner corner. If you look in my before & after picture, you can see that I've made the tail ends of my brows a bit thicker.
- I use a cotton swab to clean off any excess product and go over any dark areas
- I turn the brow pencil around and use the spoolie side (looks like a mascara wand) to brush through. This transforms the product and makes it look like tiny hairs as opposed to drawn-on colour. I love that the formula is water-proof and very long-lasting.
- I take the "high-brow" pencil and draw a line on my browbone, starting beneath the arch of my brow and going outwards. I use my fingers to blend out. You can see the highlight in the pic on the right - it defines my brow and makes it look lifted.
I've tested many different brow pencils over the years - and "precisely, my brow pencil" is my absolute favourite because it's the most natural looking and is very easy to apply - if you're looking for a new brow product, I HIGHLY recommend this pencil!
What brow product are you currently using?
DISCLAIMER: Benefit brow products were sent to me - but I was under no obligation to review them.