Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Pink Tweed and Beauty Buys


With the weather cooling down, I've been reaching for my tweed jackets again. This pink one from White House Black Market is my absolute favorite - it might be cliched, but I just feel happier when I'm wearing pink!

Pink Tweed Jacket Chanel Distressed Jeans
Jacket: WHBM (similar) / Top: Express / Jeans: GAP (similar) / Necklace: Joe Fresh / Heels: F21 (similar) / Bag: Chanel (similar)

And speaking of pink items - I'm loving my new pink travel Clarisonic Mia. During my acne outbreak, I switched back to nightly sonic cleansing (hot washcloths were too irritating for my inflamed skin). I'm glad I now have a mini Clarisonic to take with me on weekend trips. I love that it comes with a hard plastic cover - so it doesn't accidentally get switched on in transit!

Pink Clarisonic Mia with Travel Case

I've also picked up some other products - they're mainly for the lips!
  • I FINALLY purchased Bobbi Brown's Sandwash Pink (it's the shade Kate wore on her wedding day). It's the perfect brownish pink - and looks lovely paired with Spice lipliner. 
  • NARS Orgasm lipgloss is a gorgeous corally-gold that would look pretty on nearly everyone. I used my Sephora points to get this mini version - but I plan on buying the full-size one too! 
  • If you're a fan of the Sephora lipstains - you HAVE to try the Stila All-Day Liquid Lipstick - I own both and prefer Stila because it does not transfer or budge from your lips at all!
Wearing Stila All-Day Lipstick in Beso
  • For ELF products in Canada - visit Old Navy - they sell a limited selection near checkout. I picked up this sweet-smelling lip exfoliator because it's an inexpensive and easy way to prep your lips for long-wearing lip colors.
  • On my London trip, I purchased a Sleek Contouring & Blush palette. Sleek is a UK drugstore brand with a reputation for silky formulations and strong pigmentation - so I thought it would be a good option to experiment with. Also, the colors are so pretty and I knew the kit could pull double duty as eyeshadow!
What is your favorite lip product at the moment?

DISCLAIMER: The Clarisonic and Stila Lipstick were gifted to me - but I'm featuring them because I truly love them! 

Linking up with More Pieces of Me and Sincerely Jenna Marie 

14 comments:

  1. You look pretty in pink! I love the tweed jacket paired with the distressed jeans. It's a fun twist on classic and girly with a bit of modern edge.

    My favorite lip products right now (plural lol) are: the lip crayons that glo minerals sent to me, the Nars birthday perk lip crayons, and the nyx butter glosses. All so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noelle - I actually have my eye on another WHBM tweed jacket - I think they're such classics that hopefully I can wear them for a long time. I don't think I've tried the NYX butter glosses - but I do like the NARS Sephora/bday pencils!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love that pink jacket of yours! I still remember when you first purchased it at WHBM. It looks great paired with the Barcelona cami! I think that NARS lipgloss might be my next cosmetic purchase splurge. What a gorgeous color!
    Gina | On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love the NARS lipgloss - it's just such a beautiful color! And the main reason I purchased the Barcelona cami was because I saw from your/Noelle/Caryl's outfit pics that it was the perfect layering piece ;-)

      Delete
  3. I love NARS lip products! They go on so smoothly, and I love a good gloss.

    I see ELF a lot at Winners, didn't know that Old Navy sold it to...just bought a house so I haven't been out shopping for me lately lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I've seen ELF at Winners too - it's a shame that their stock isn't consistent though - ELF definitely need an outlet that sells their full range here for us ;-)

      Delete
  4. love the jacket! so beautiful!
    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that pink jacket on you! Totally elevates the look. xx

    Audrey Adair | http://www.happilyaudrey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey - it's definitely a fun layering piece!

      Delete
  6. Really loving that tweed jacket! You just reminded me that I need to get out my Clarisonic case when I travel. I always forget about it!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darcy! I've never had a case for any of my other Clarisonics - so excited that this version came with one ;-)

      Delete
  7. Love that blazer.. I've always been a huge fan of tweed :)

    xo, tasha
    twenty-something blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...