Monday, July 6, 2015

A Day at the Races...

I received an exciting invitation this week - a VIP ticket to the Queen's Plate at Woodbine Racetrack. And not only would I be attending the races, I would ALSO get to pick my race-day outfit from Vaughan Mills - the official Fashion Sponsor of Queen's Plate!

Queens Plate 2015 Race Day Outfit Vaughan Mills Vaughn Mills Fashion
Blazer: H&M, Tank: H&M, Skirt: H&M, Necklace: J.Crew Factory, Shoes: Old Navy (similar), Bag: Chanel WOC (similar)

The dress code was inspired by the Rethink garden party at Queen’s Plate: Black & White with a pop of pink. I headed over to Vaughan Mills to choose a suitable outfit. I had a lot of stores I wanted to check out - from outlets such as Banana Republic Factory, J.Crew Factory and HR2 Holt Renfrew - to my tried-and-true favorites - including Winners, H&M and Old Navy.


Here are three of my finds - a FCUK embroidered maxi dress from Winners, a RWxELLE dress from RW&CO and a lace-trimmed white dress from Carriere Studio.

Queens Plate 2015 Race Day Outfit

Despite these pretty choices, I ended up in head-to-toe H&M! I'd been eyeing their ruched white blazer for a while now, and when I spotted this fitted black midi skirt, I knew I had found the perfect comfortable yet elegant combination. In lieu of a fascinator, I picked up a headband and some floral clips from Claire's Accessories. My pop of pink came from my Old Navy Heels.

Queens Plate 2015 Race Day

I headed to the races with Jenelle - our first stop was the Vaughan Mills tent where we hung out with Sarah - Vaughan Mills' new Official Stylist. There was quite a line up of people waiting to take photos on this couch because Vaughan Mills was giving away $250 shopping sprees to 2 lucky winners!


We then went over to the Rethink "Black Beauty & White Rose" Party. They were serving delicious food (from a food truck!) and had a lot of fun stations set up. People were getting their nails done, their hair styled - and our favorite - there was a talented duo making custom fascinators! I asked for a pink and white headband, while Jenelle opted for a rosebud crown. I'm so in love with my headband - it's a work of art!

Queens Plate 2015 Race Day Outfit with Fascinators

I had SUCH a fun experience - definitely a glamorous change from my usual Sunday schedule of errands and grocery shopping. A huge thank you to Vaughan Mills for this lovely day!

Which of these 4 race outfits would you have chosen?

DISCLAIMER: Outfit and Queen's Plate invites were gifted by Vaughan Mills.

Linking up with More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.  
 
Mix & Match Fashion

12 comments:

  1. Your outfit is so cute!! Looks like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindy - it really was a special outing :-) Although my feet were crying by the end of the day LOL!

      Delete
  2. You look great! It's such a classic, chic look and I love that pop of hot pink! Looks like you had a blast!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christie - I'm such a huge fan of hot pink - was so excited to incorporate it into my outfit!

      Delete
  3. The outfit you ended up going with is perfect! I love it for the event, but I also would wear that almost anywhere! It's classic.

    Love the pop of pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noelle - I was in a bit of a time crunch when picking out the outfit - but I was so happy to find something that was SO me...and that I could wear again and again - I just adore the midi skirt and blazer!

      Delete
  4. beautiful! Love black and white SO timeless and classic..and then that FUN pop of color at your pumps. LOVE!
    C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carly - I don't often wear a lot of black - but I loved combining it with a large dose of white for this outfit!

      Delete
  5. How FUN!! What an awesome event to attend!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so pretty and love the outfit you ended up picking! It sounds like a fun event to be a part of :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lilly - it was so much fun because I'd never been to any racing events before!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...