One of the most important steps in creating a long-lasting hair style is prepping your hair to HOLD the curls. You want your hair to be sleek and moisturized - but not so heavily weighed down that it doesn't stay curled. I started with the TRESemmé Perfectly (Un)done WavesTM Weightless Silicone-Free Shampoo, which contains Sea Kelp Extract to lift oil and residue from your hair. I then applied TRESemmé Perfectly (Un)done WavesTM Weightless Moisturizing Conditioner to the lower half of my hair, keeping it in for 5 minutes before rinsing. This combination made my hair soft and shiny with lots of volume and body.
The first hairstyle I tried was the Boho Wave.
- After stepping out of the shower, I applied TRESemmé Perfectly (Un)Done WavesTM Sea Foam to my damp hair.
- I used a hair-dryer to dry my hair, flipping my head over and focusing on my roots for added volume.
- I divided my hair into two sections and clipped up the top half while using a curling iron on the bottom half of my hair.
- I wrapped my hair vertically around the barrel, alternating the direction of curls (either towards my face or away from my face) as I went along.
- When I completed the bottom section, I sprayed it with TRESemmé Perfectly (Un)Done Ultra Brushable Hairspray.
- I then unclipped the top section and repeated the same curling process.
- Once my top section was curled and sprayed, I ran my fingers through my hair to loosen the curls and give it a more boho vibe.
The second look, the Hollywood Wave, is very old-school and Glam.
- As before, I started by applying TRESemmé Perfectly (Un)Done WavesTM Sea Foam to damp hair before blow-drying.
- I placed velcro rollers along my crown to retain volume in my roots as my hair cooled down.
- Once my hair was dry, I parted it to the side and used my curling iron to create loose curls all around.
- Since I was going for a smoother look this time, I made sure to curl in one direction - away from my face.
- I sprayed it with TRESemmé Perfectly (Un)Done Ultra Brushable Hairspray and waited for my hair to cool down while I finished applying my makeup.
- I then took a wide-toothed comb and gently brushed out my curls into loose waves. I also lightly teased my bangs for some added volume.
The third look, the Beach Wave, was the easiest to do.
- After washing my hair, I sprayed TRESemmé Perfectly (Un)done WavesTM Sea Salt Spray through my hair and let it air dry.
- I lightly curled random sections of hair with a curling iron, and french-braided my bangs and I was DONE!
- I've also tried this style without using ANY heat at all - I apply the Sea Salt spray and air-dry my hair and put it in a loose bun on top of my head overnight.
- The next morning I have piece-y loose waves that I LOVE (very Gossip Girl/Blake Lively type curls!). It's so AMAZING to give my hair a break from heat-styling and still have nicely styled hair!
I loved using these products - as someone with hair that is straight with fine strands, my hair often struggles to hold a curl. I feel like the shampoo and conditioner are a key step in changing the texture of my hair - I can't believe how curly my hair can get after using these two products in the shower and finishing with the Sea Foam! And the Sea Salt Spray is perfect for those days I don't have time to style my hair - but I still want a fun and voluminous look. These products are definitely a game-changer, and I've already convinced my sister and friends to give these a try. They're easily found, inexpensive, and make a significant difference to my hair!
Which of these hairstyles is your fave?
Linking up with More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.
Achieve the beautiful wavy styles you love! The new TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done WavesTM collection with Sea Kelp extract, infuses hair with texture for natural looking waves for an all over gorgeously (un)done wavy look. Achieve effortless, natural looking Beach, Boho and Hollywood waves that last all day! Discover the entire Perfectly (un)Done WavesTM collection at Tresemme.ca.
This post was brought to you by TRESemmé via Mode Media Canada. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of TRESemmé.