Thursday, May 15, 2014

Maxi Dress Weather, Clubwear & Trying New Stores

With the gorgeous spring weather last weekend, I finally got to wear a maxi dress!

Dress: AMI Clubwear (c/o), Jacket: American Eagle Outfitters, Necklace: Joe Fresh (similar), Bag: Pashli
This striped maxi is from AMI clubwear. They contacted me a couple of months ago and asked if I'd be interested in trying some clothes from their site. I had seen them featured in People Stylewatch, so I had a look at their website...they definitely have some serious clubwear!



But they also have some cute clothes too, so I picked 3 pieces - this striped maxi dress, a gold crescent necklace and the black sweater wrap on the right. I would say their quality and pricing is comparable to Old Navy/H&M/Forever21. My only complaint is that the metal used on the crescent necklace is too soft - it fell apart the second time I wore it, though I was able to bend it back into place.

Wrap: AMI Clubwear (c/o), Necklace: AMI Clubwear (c/o), Jeans: Garage, Flats: Old Navy, Bag: Balenciaga

Speaking of trying new brands - I visited my first White House, Black Market store and fell in love. I thought they'd be too pricey for my budget - but their quality is amazing, and the prices (especially with sales) are comparable to ZARA. I left with this "Legally Blonde" jacket, and I'm tempted to go back for the blue tweed version, as well as this bow one. (I wrote about my love for Chanel-esque jackets here)

 Blue Tweed Jacket / Pink Tweed Jacket

Good thing I discovered White House, Black Market because JACOB is going out of business! Read my post here:

http://www.yummymummyclub.ca/blogs/zeba-khan-she-shopped-she-scored/20140509/what-no-jacob-to-close-all-92-stores-across-canada


Are you open to shopping at new places or are you strictly loyal to a few brands?

Linking up with More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.

12 comments:

  1. Oooooo I like the pieces you chose from AMI! That maxi is the perfect length on you! I am in need of a new maxi, as I've given up on my old ones. I want one with color! I also love the sweater, that shape is flattering and chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - the maxi is so comfy to wear - and even though it's strapless, I didn't have to keep pulling it up (such a pet peeve of mine!)

      Delete
  2. I have loved seeing Boden on some of my friends, but I haven't had the best time with sizing. I'm sticking with my favorite J Crew brand. ;)

    That fly away cardigan is so chic! i have been loving tribal prints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen some great pieces from Boden too...also from ASOS (esp your dress!) but I haven't ordered clothes from there yet.

      Delete
  3. Great choices from AMI. What a bummer that the necklace broke though! It's so cute. I have a few pieces from WHBM too. Once you shop there once, they start mailing coupons to you, and that helps a bit with the prices. I do think they're kind of high, but like you said, they quality is worth it. I always check there first when I need a special occasion dress!
    Gina -- On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh - would love to get WHBM coupons - their sale rack is pretty decent - and if you're able to use coupons on those - what a bargain! Once I fixed the AMI necklace, it was as good as new, but I thought it was important to mention the breakage in the interest of being thorough!

      Delete
  4. I adore that maxi on you! Such great colors! And I can't wait to see how you style the WHBM jacket! It's gorgeous! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carylee - I love maxi dresses :-)

      Delete
  5. The tweed jackets look great it would be lovely to see it worn in an outfit!

    christycee.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely post an OOTD with the outfit soon - can't wait to wear it!

      Delete
  6. I love the black striped cardi. I;m only really a fan of black if it really suits the person wearing it. Most people can;t get away with black but you can obviously carry off a strong colour. I love the colours in your maxi too. Love tweed jackets especially in the pink. I'mfrom Manic Monday but I'm also now following you on bloglovin. I will leave my link in case you're interested
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11040855

    ReplyDelete
  7. That wrap is gorgeous, I love the aztec design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...