MiB ad

Leaderboard


Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Mad about a ZARA Bag, Blossom Lounge Water Challenge & Dress Like Gwyneth!

There are certain ZARA items that have reached cult status among bloggers - these colorblock heels, THAT napkin skort and last winter's sought-after plaid scarf. Two popular items from this season are the Court Shoes with Bows and the Mini City Bag with Zip Details.


I saw the Mini City bag in person, and I'm in love - it's a GORGEOUS taupe-ish pink color...and looks like a cross between the Celine Nano (structure & zip) and Pashli Mini bag (button tab on the handles). Although I was seriously tempted by the bag, I left it in store so that I could think about it. What would you do - get this adorable faux-leather bag (which costs less and may last a season or two with heavy use) or invest in the Pashli Mini (which is pricier but made of real leather, with a reputation for durablity?)


I'm featured on Blossom Lounge's blog after completing the Blossom X BKR Water challenge! In my mind, I had always thought of myself as someone who drinks a lot of water (I never leave the house without a bottle!)...but in reality, I wasn't drinking as much as I should have been. Participating in this challenge made me more aware of my drinking habits - and it showed me that consistently drinking adequate water REALLY does help my skin look its best!


1. LOFT / 2. OLD NAVY  / 3. EXPRESS / 4. GARAGE / 5. FOREVER21 / 6. ALDO


Gwyneth Paltrow has been in the news non-stop since she decided to 'consciously uncouple' from Chris Martin. Although she used an unusual (and some might say pretentious) phrase to describe her separation, as long as she has her family's best interests at heart, I can't fault her. On a more frivolous note, I've always had a huge style crush on her - if you have too, you'll want to check out my Steal Her Style post - which includes some fashion misses as well as hits!


12 comments:

  1. I adore Gwyneth's style. I agree, as long as she has her family's interest at heart, especially the kids, it's really nobody's business.
    I'd probably save up for something I really want. For me, i used to get items thats kinda similar to a pricier item that I really want. In the end, i still end up getting the pricier item because i really wanted it. It's easier said than done for me when it comes to purses but I'm learning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane - that's what I'm afraid about - I'm exactly the same way - I'd often waste money buying items "similar" to the one I wanted...when I probably should have bought the pricier item in the first place!

      But maybe if the ZARA bag lasts until their sales, I could pick it up guilt-free LOL!

      Delete
  2. Zara is definitely my favorite shop for affordable and trendy handbags! They are a couple of them that caught my eye on the website and this Mini City bag is one of them! But I would get it in the blue/grey color

    xo http://byourbself.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ZARA definitely have cute bags - I really like their structured Office bag from last season too (it's like the Prada Saffiano tote).

      Delete
  3. I like that blue bag!! Good for you on the water - you've inspired me. Filling up by BKR right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay - hope you see great results from the extra water!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I love that Zara bag. I have been wanting a different bag for spring, maybe a nude or a bright color and that looks like it could be a contender. I might have to check it out in person to gauge the size. And I agree with you on Gwyneth- she has a great sense of style and rarely makes a mistake!
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm crazy about the color of the ZARA bag - it's my favorite shade of nude with pink undertones! For size comparison, it's slightly larger than my Coach Mini Tanner bag (the blue bag I've worn in a lot of recent outfit posts).

      Delete
  5. Zara is always my favorite for Spring because they do it SO well! I actually have seen these bags on many Instagram girls, and I always assume it's the pashli until I look closer. It definitely looks high quality! For me, I'm all about the investment bag though. I have a hard time unless I know it's going to last a lifetime, and that usually means real leather. I think you should keep pondering, but the Zara is such a pretty choice! I guess I just made your decision harder, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - I'll have to look for pics of it on Instagram - I'd love to see how they look when being carried! I think the reason this is such a hard choice is because ZARA stuff is usually so well-made - but also, pretty pricey for faux leather. Will keep thinking for sure :-)

      Delete
  6. I've learned that I just can't purchase any handbag with 'mini' in the name. I have way too much that I lug around day to day to make it work for me. I always have to have sunnies, lotion, my wallet and keys, then throw in an extra diaper and wipes (for the time being) and I just have to have a bigger bag. Some day... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - that gorgeous blue bag you recently purchased definitely has enough space :-) This ZARA bag is a good size for a cross-body - it could definitely fit a wipes case and diapers in it ;-)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...