Question of the month: Lots of questions because it's the SHOPAHOLIC TAG!!!
1. Would you consider yourself a shopaholic?
Totally - when it comes to fashion/beauty items - I love shopping for myself and helping others too. My friends know that my eyes light up when I'm asked to recommend a product or to help them find an item. But when it comes to buying electronics (yawn) - I'm the one asking for help!
2. How would you classify your style?
I wear classic staples paired with cheap & cheerful trendy items. As long as I have a nice bag and comfortable shoes, I'm happy.
3. What store can you not leave without buying at least one thing?
H&M - they always have ONE thing that gets me - a fluffy scarf, a fitted button down or a sweater in that perfect shade of blush. Plus, their prices are so reasonable that there's no need for buyer's remorse.
4. Where do you find the best deals?
Usually online at GAP-Banana Republic-Old Navy...their sales/coupon codes/in-store return policies/quality make shopping there really worthwhile.
5. What designer are you willing to splurge for?
Not really a specific designer - but I tend to splurge on classic items that I'll wear a lot - such as my Alexander McQueen Skull Scarf and Hunter Boots. And of course I splurge on my beloved designer bags!
6. Do you have a "go to" shopping outfit?
Yes - skinny jeans, a camisole & a v-neck top plus shoes that are easy to slip in and out of. And sometimes a scarf - because if I'm not wearing one, I always end up purchasing a new one!
7. What is your guilty pleasure? (Aside from make up)
8. What is one staple clothing piece you cannot live without?
9. What is a trend you hope never goes out of style?
Skinny jeans worn with knee-high boots.
10. A trend that you loved that passed way too quickly?
Skinny cargo pants (like these) - by the time I realized I liked them, most of the "fast-fashion" stores had stopped selling them - and I'm not going to spend $80+ on them.
11. Who is your fashion icon?
I have a LOT - Kate Beckinsale, Kate Middleton, Lauren Conrad, Jessica Alba, Gwyneth Paltrow - the list goes on and on!
Recent OOTD showing a lot of my shopaholic loves - Old Navy...H&M...skinny jeans + knee-high boots! Speaking of shopping - I have to give a quick shoutout to the sweetest blog reader I met at the mall today - thanks for stopping to say hi and letting me know that you voted for my blog - you're lovely! It's funny that my MK Selma helped you figure out that it was me LOL!
|Sweater: Old Navy, Shirt: H&M (similar), Jeans: Garage, Boots: Old Navy (this year's version)|
- Alison*Elle - Alison has busted out all of her Fall staples in honour of her favourite season... plaid, faux fur, ankle booties, and more!
- Beautygirl24 - Noelle shared photos of her honeymoon in paradise!
- Ella Pretty - Check out Ella's fall clothing haul: Camo Jeans, Sparkly Sweaters & Wrap Dresses
- Love, Lipstick & Pearls - Kristen is slowly transitioning into fall with some sparkly sweaters.
- Schnelle Couture - Danielle took the leap.
- Sequins and Stilettos - Skylette went for a fall stroll in her new Tory Burch Boots!
- The Currently Obsessed - MEHREEN shared her lipstick collection with us this month !
By the way - I'm a candidate for best Fashion Blog in the Canadian MIB awards - if you enjoy reading my blog, PLEASE take a second to vote for my blog here. Voting is SO simple, there's NO need to register, just click "vote for me" under my name. If you've voted already - THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
SPARKS SESSIONS INFO:
If you're a Toronto-based fashion & beauty blogger, you'll WANT to attend Spark Sessions on November 16 & 17 for seminars on blogging and the opportunity to network with PR reps and other bloggers. I have my ticket and am very excited about this event especially because Lainey (from LaineyGossip, eTalk and The Social) will be the keynote speaker! To find out more about the event click here and buy tickets here. Event sponsors include Smart Set, Almay, Benefit Cosmetics and Charming Media.