Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Quick Bag Review: Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC in Almond

The Minkoff Mini MAC is one of the most popular cross-body bags - it has been on my wishlist for a while, and I finally ordered mine from Amazon last month (listing here).


I chose the Almond color. I really liked the Port, Fern, Rose Gold and Grey versions, but I knew that this tan shade would be a more classic choice.

Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC in Almond

One of my favorite features of this bag is its versatility - it is not just limited to a long length - the chain can easily be doubled up and clasped shorter for use as a shoulder bag, or removed completely for use as a clutch.

What's inside my Minkoff Mini MAC
Inside my Mini MAC

The bag is quite spacious for its size. The dimensions are: 9" (L) x 6" (H) x 2" (W) and the strap is 22". I easily fit my essentials with room to spare! The bag comes with cobalt blue patterned lining plus a matching dustbag for easy storage.

I plan on using Apple Leather Care Conditioner to treat the bag and prevent staining (especially because I'll be using it a lot while wearing jeans).

GAP Camo jeans
Top: Express, Jeans: GAP, Shoes: Old Navy, Bag: Minkoff

Although I only received the bag recently, I've already used it (cross-body) and am SO happy with my choice!

Do you like cross-body bags? Which is your favorite style?

Liked this post? Read my other bag reviews here!


14 comments:

  1. Cross-body is my fave!! Especially if I'm out with my baby or shopping - frees up both of my arms :)
    This colour is beautiful, something I would have not considered without seeing your post!
    PS - love the camo pants!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found I get the most use out of my cross-body bags - especially on the weekends and whenever I take the kids out. Glad you liked the color - I tried to take detailed pictures of it because I was googling it like crazy before I placed my order (I hadn't seen it in person before and it's hard to tell from stock photos!)

      Delete
  2. Love the whole look! A mini mac is on my wishlist but I don't know if it would hold all my stuff, especially with a baby that doesn't need enough stuff to carry around a diaper bag, but still needs snacks and a sippy cup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been in that in-between stage too...and I definitely needed something bigger for snacks & a sippy cup :-) I think the Coach Mini Tanner tote (I reviewed it earlier on my blog) would be a great cross-body choice for now as it has enough space for drinks/snack bags but is still light and chic for everyday.

      Delete
  3. I have this in the lavender colour and be warned, it gets colour transfer very easily. Other than that, I love mine! It's definitely my weekend/running chores bag. I was very surprised how much it holds, basically all the essentials I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the warning about color transfer - I'll definitely coat it with leather protectant before I use it intensively! I love how much it can fit inside, for such a tiny bag...it definitely holds more than my other slim cross-body bag.

      Delete
  4. Lovely! I have the large RM MAC in blk w/silver hardware and I love it...like you I enjoy the versatility of the adjustable chain, and the leather is so soft. I was originally going to buy the mini-MAC but it was just a bit small for my "everyday" staples.
    Enjoy!
    Best, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the larger MAC's too - I think the design is so classic! Black with silver hardware sounds like a great combination for everyday use.

      Delete
  5. Love this Mini Mac!!!! and even more, love your review on it !!! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mehreen - it was hard choosing a color but I'm glad I went with the classic one - I love it!

      Delete
  6. I've been using the lavender for almost a year and haven't experience colour transfer! How did you shorten the chain to make it into a "shoulder" bag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to know that you didn't have to deal with color transfer! Hope my bag stays stain free as I love my dark denim...I've sprayed it with leather protectant for extra insurance!

      To shorten the strap, you take the clasp of the bag, thread it through the circle attached to the bag and bring it up to the circles near the shoulder strap. You can fasten the clasps on those shoulder strap circles instead - I love how Minkoff designed it to be so easy to convert!

      Delete
  7. I loved my butter colour mini mac so much I got it in black. I would really like to get a hold on this colour as well or a burgundy. I just love how great it looks with practically any outfit and it fits a lot fairly well. love the outfit btw :)

    xoxo, charlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. i stumbled across your post while looking for outfit ideas and have never though to wear the mini mac as a clutch!
    i'm so excited, haha.

    :)
    vanessa
    grace-and-gratitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...