Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Finding Inspiration in Old Magazines + Neon Yellow and Soft Blue OOTDs

My love for People Stylewatch is no secret: I've written countless "Flipping Through" posts. While browsing blogs and Pinterest have eliminated the need for nearly all my other style/design magazine subscriptions - nothing can replace Stylewatch. I even have a hard time recycling old issues because it's always fun to look through them.

I recently found this image in my May 2012 issue - I decided to recreate the *feel* of the pic using clothes I already had in my closet (an H&M shirt from last year and a maxi skirt from 2005!). I loved finding a new way to wear items I already owned - the best type of style inspiration!

Necklace - Forever21. Sorry about the smudge - my kiddy put lipbalm on and kissed the mirror LOL

Reorganizing my closet has really made getting dressed so much more fun - I can actually find & use items I had forgotten about!

 Shirt, Jeans & Belt - Garage, Flats - Old Navy

I enjoy pairing neon yellow and soft blue - it looks so fresh. I've had this H&M neon necklace since last summer - it's fun to wear on its own, but I also think it would  be a great candidate for layering with other statement necklaces.

Shirt & Necklace - H&M; Jeans - Old Navy; Sandals - F21, Watch - La Mer (similar style), Bag - LV Speedy 25

Where do you get most of your style inspiration from - blogs, magazines or Pinterest? Do you enjoy wearing maxi skirts?

12 comments:

  1. Love your recreation of the look! Anything with a maxi skirt and a tired up top is a win-win in my book.

    Lindsay
    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay - I hadn't really tried tying button up shirts before - but I like how it looks and will try it with knee-length skirts next :-)

      Delete
  2. pretty and timeless! you look wonderful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Chambray / White jeans combo is one of my fave looks. One of the first outfit i put together when I was starting to define my style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - it's such a simple and easy way to wear white jeans. I guess it's the reverse of the classic white shirt and blue jeans combo :-)

      Delete
  4. You recreated the magazine look perfectly! I actually prefer your version even more :)

    You always look great Ella.

    I get most of my inspiration from other bloggers. Magazines do come into play too, but I feel like regular girls are so much more interesting sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noelle - I usually get inspiration from bloggers and pics of celebs. Unworn clothes laid out (as they are in the stylewatch pic) don't usually appeal to me - but the more I looked at the photo, the more I liked the combination :-)

      Delete
  5. LOVE all these looks especially the chambray!!!! You are gorgeous :)

    www.fashion-a-holic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet - glad you liked the looks. I love your bag & boot collection!

      Delete
  6. the last outfit is my favourite. I'm not usually into chambray/jeans combo but you pulled it off perfectly!

    I get my inspiration from pintrest, my mood on a particular day or the makeup I'm wearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - that's so interesting that your makeup can inspire what you wear! I guess because I always do the same makeup look, it never really influences my clothing choices LOL - your way sounds more exciting ;-)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...