1) Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque to deep condition twice a week
2) Tangle Teezer to easily comb through my hair (no more knotted clumps at the base of my neck!)
3) Moroccanoil Hair Serum to help detangle my hair and keep it healthy, shiny & glossy.
These products work together to keep my hair manageable and tangle-free...so I don't end up cutting it all off out of frustration!
Although I'm loyal to my tried-and-tested Moroccanoil, I thought it would be interesting to test out two other popular hair serums: (Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment & L'Oreal Eversleek Precious Oil Treatment) and see how they compare.
My hair type: fine strands; highlighted; tangles easily. Rarely heat-style: 1-2 times a month at most.
|MoroccanOil, Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment & L'Oreal Eversleek Precious Oil Treatment|
When I use hair serum:
- On wet hair after I shower to detangle
- On dry hair in the morning to add shine & gloss to my hair and make it look healthy
- Pump dime-sized amount on to hand, rub together and apply to the length of hair (below the ears - never near the scalp & roots).
- Divide hair into 2 sections and finger comb through hair, massaging until oil is completely absorbed.
- Reapply as necessary. It's better to apply in tiny amounts to prevent greasy strands!
On My Hair:
These pictures were taken over the course of a week - funny how my hair looks different in each set of pictures! I didn't use any filters - the color variation is due to changes in lighting - i.e. how cloudy or bright it was outside!
All these 3 serums contain silicones in them along with natural oils. While some people try to avoid using silicone-based products - I've found that the pure hair oils I've tested are not as weightless, tangle-free or easily absorbed.
As much as I love the Deep Repair masque from the Macadamia Healing Oil brand, their Oil treatment was a complete miss for me! It didn't detangle my hair or add shine to it...on the plus side, it did make it feel softer. I'm not sure why this product is so popular - perhaps it works better on other hair textures? Or maybe it works differently on heat-styled hair? (I usually air-dry mine).
My heart is still with MoroccanOil, but L'Oreal Eversleek is a great alternative, especially for the price point. The main difference I found between the two is that the MoroccanOil leaves hair slightly glossier, and keeps it tangle-free for longer.
Do you use an argan oil hair treatment? Which one is your favorite?
Disclaimer: I purchased the Moroccanoil myself, the Macadamia Oil came in a Glossybox and the Eversleek Precious Oil was sent to me by L'Oreal. As always - when I review a free item, I consider it as if I paid the retail price...and evaluate it objectively. Gifted or not, I blog to share my true feelings and help my readers.