Question of the month from Kristen: "What's your go-to recipe? Drink, dinner, dessert, whatever..."
I love this question for two reasons: Firstly - I'm all about sharing recipes that I love (check out my "food" tab on the menu bar). Secondly - I can't wait to read all the other responses to this question - I've already added Kristen's "one-trick-pony" salmon to next week's menu plan!
DRINK: Mango Lassi (my recipe)
In a blender mix: 6 TB Kesar Mango Pulp, 2 tsp sugar, 1 TB plain yoghurt, 2 ice cubes & 1 cup milk. Can add more sugar or yoghurt according to taste. Kesar Mango pulp is produced by many different brands and is the secret to Indian-restaurant-style Mango Lassi!
I usually make this dish when we have people over - it's easy to cook, only uses a few (fresh) ingredients and ALWAYS tastes delicious! Previously posted about here.
DESSERT: Magnolia Bakery Style Cupcakes
Simple recipe resulting in fresh tasting cupcakes - I made this batch on the twins' birthday for their classmates - and their teachers told me how they couldn't resist the home-made flavor! One tip - don't be tempted to simplify the recipe by omitting self-raising flour and only using all-purpose flour...I did that once and ended up with very dense cupcakes!
What's your go-to recipe? PLEASE share - I LOVE tried & tested recipes!
- Alison*Elle - Alison is giving white denim another go this season
- Beautygirl24 - Target did it again - Noelle found the perfect Summer wedges from the Sam & Libby collection.
- Ella Pretty - Ella's got a brand new bag!
- Love, Lipstick & Pearls - Kristen is all ready for baby's arrival and shared her nursery with us.
- Schnelle Couture - Danielle talks makeup and highlights where to save and where to splurge.
- Sequins and Stilettos - Skylette has finally found her perfect striped skirt!
- The Currently Obsessed - Mehreen organized Makeup drawers.