Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cookies & Hearts

We had a low-key Valentine's day this year. I woke up to this adorable Valentine's day card from Hubby. I really appreciated it because it had a long and meaningful handwritten note inside...Love Letters were pretty common when we first started dating but after nearly 11 years of marriage they're much rarer and even more precious:


Of course I HAD to wear my Old Navy Heart Sweater (this year's version in Grey or Camel):


Inspired by Catalina Su, I made myself a healthy breakfast (Turkey Breast, Red Onions, 1 yolk & 2 whites topped with Sri Racha):


This was unfortunately offset by the cookies I consumed later on in the day - I made them for my family BUT had to sample a few....


I followed Pioneer Woman's Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe - substituting Milo for the Malted Milk. These cookies were unbelievably easy to make - they are so thin and crispy - and taste WAY too good to resist!

How was your Valentine's Day? Hope you had a great one!

17 comments:

  1. I have the same sweater -- I totally should have worn it yesterday! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're heart-sweater twins! I love the grey heart sweater ON has for sale now - maybe I should buy it for next year LOL!

      Delete
  2. Happy Valentines day! I just came across your blog and it's very cute :) Would you like to follow each other? <3
    myunbuttonedblazer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Valentines Day to you too - thanks for stopping by. I'll definitely check out your blog.

      Delete
  3. Ella! Where is that adorable Twitter handle mug from? I love it. And low-key Valentine's Days are my style too... way less stressful than trying to go out, in my opinion.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love celebrating Valentine's day - but not necessarily on the exact day (too commercial with the set menus etc). The mug is a McCafe one from the SCCTO conference I went to last year. McDonalds sent it out to all the participants - I absolutely love it for hot chocolate or green tea :-)

      Delete
    2. Here's what it looks like on the other side: http://instagram.com/p/TAIJU3KWLL/

      Delete
  4. Those cookies look AMAZING. Happy belated Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - you should try making them - they're super-easy :-)

      Delete
  5. Oh yummm!!!! Happy Valentine's day Ella, looks like it was a really good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy belated Vday! you look great and now im craving cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...