Thursday, January 31, 2013

My workout routine & Must-reads

Question of the month: How often do you work out? What's your preferred method of exercise?

My optimal formula to achieve and maintain my goal weight is: Low-carb diet + workout 3 times a week. Unfortunately - once you fall off the fitness wagon, it's hard to get back on track. I'm still not where I want to be - but I'm getting there. I'm currently eating healthy around 4 days out of 7, and working out twice a week.



I work out on our Life Fitness Elliptical Machine. We invested in a professional-quality machine for our home rather than purchasing gym memberships. This was a great choice for us - my husband and I both use it when the kids are asleep. I do a 25 minute session in intervals (1.5 minutes slow, 1 minute full-speed) while catching up on Youtube vidoes. If I'm feeling energetic after my cardio (which has not been the case recently...) I do this ab routine.

What's your fitness routine? Do you work out regularly?

11 comments:

  1. I work out now more than I ever have even with a 5 months old in the house. I was motivated first to get my muscle definition back and now I actually enjoy working out.

    I work out 5-6 times a week. It's a combination of interval training DVD's, group exercise and boot camp as well as salsa dancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so inspiring! I can't wait to get to the "enjoying working out" stage...I'm still at the "happy when I'm done stage" which is better than nothing I guess LOL!

      Delete
  2. My preferred method of working out is definitely going to the gym (I need to get out of the house) and taking a class - any class will do! I switch it up to from Yoga, to kick boxing, to ab classes - it's about what I'm in the mood for and what works with my timing.

    http://theworldfrommystilettos.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All that variety sounds lovely! I remember trying out so many different classes at my work gym (pre-kiddies)...from kick boxing to spin and yoga. But now - if I have to go out of the house to exercise, it probably won't happen LOL!

      Delete
  3. So true - it's very hard to get back on track, which is totally the case with me. But watching YouTube while on the treadmill did help me stay on it longer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YouTube is AMAZING :-) I used to listen to hip hop music - now I just put 2 or 3 videos on...and by the time I'm done watching, workout is done - EASY :-)

      Delete
  4. I so wish I had my own elliptical... that's one of the reasons I even go to the gym! If I had the space I'd get an elliptical and set up my own weights and I'd be good to go right in the comfort of home!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has made a huge difference being able to workout easily at home. We were debating between a treadmill and an elliptical - but decided the elliptical would be a better investment because it has less impact on our joints - which is better in the long run.

      Delete
  5. im with you on the eatling low carb...its what works for me too...but oh how i love carbs!

    wish i "loved" working out.... but i'm not there yet..lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been telling the hubs that as soon as we get our own place we need to buy either an elliptical or a treadmill. i hate going to the gym but i would totally work out while i watched tv.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually go with a high-protein/low carb diet, two days of workout, and another two days for roadwork. I found it easy to not fall out of practice, probably because I usually hit the gym after work since it’s in the same building. There’s also a pool, which I use sometimes in lieu of a workout day or roadwork. :)

    Kristine Remsen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...