Thursday, December 20, 2012

4 Ways to Wear a Fur Vest

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Express Canada for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

My 3rd and final purchase during the Express Canada Grand Opening Event was a faux fur vest (sold out online - only one left is this burgundy one).  A faux fur vest has been on my wardrobe wishlist for several years - but 2 things held me back. Firstly, it was hard finding the right fit. I've tried many versions, but they often felt overwhelming and left me looking "bulky" on top. Secondly - I wasn't sure if it was worth investing in a vest (they're often quite pricey) as I wouldn't wear it that often.


Luckily, this Express fur vest addressed both my fit & price concerns. While it is soft and fluffy around the collar, it is slimmed and fitted around the waist - so although it is voluminous, I don't look like a Yeti (I hope!). And because of the Black Friday/Grand Opening sale, it was 50% off and was priced around $50 - a bargain for such a soft and well-made piece. However - even $50 is not a bargain if I don't get much use out of it - so I've been playing around with different ways of wearing this vest.

Fur Vest outfit

BASIC JEANS:  This first combination is one I've already worn out. Most statement pieces work well with basic jeans and a white top.



LAYERED WITH OUTERWEAR:  This outfit was inspired by this picture of Jessica Alba. I would never have thought about combining the vest with a fall coat - but they fit together quite comfortably - the vest adds so much warmth!



CHAMBRAY & OLIVE: This was an experimental combination - I'm still not sure if I should wear the vest with a button down shirt, but I like how the olive skinny jeans and taupe bubble necklace complement the colors in the fur vest.



SWEATER DRESS: This is a fun and cozy winter outfit. I haven't worn this combination out yet, but if I did, I think I would switch the heels out for suede flat boots.

Which was your favorite combination? Part of the fun of getting a new item is "playing dress-up" in my closet and figuring out new combinations - do you guys do this too? What is your favorite way to wear a fur vest - I'd love some inspiration! 

If you're looking for a fun statement piece for your holiday wardrobe - be sure to check out the Express gift guide and the Express holiday catalog.

EXPRESS BAGS I LOVE:


EXPRESS TOPS I LOVE:



ScreenShot2012-10-29at45927PM

Visit Sponsor's Site

17 comments:

  1. I love how you styled it! I too have had a faux fur vest on my list for sometime, just never found the right one for me. By the time I saw the Express had one, it was sold out. You wear it well my dear! :)

    Lindsay @
    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay! Hope you find your perfect fur vest soon!

      Delete
  2. This couldn't have come at a better time because I think I'm finally going to wear mine this weekend! This is giving me so many ideas! Thanks Ella :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noelle - can't wait to see how you wear your one!

      Delete
  3. I love fur vests! They're so comfy, warm, and chic. Great ways that you styled them!

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzie - they are much warmer than I thought - even though my arms are not covered, I don't get cold!

      Delete
  4. Oh yay you got it!!! It looks so good on you - I could never pull that off! I love the 2nd outfit the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You TOTALLY could pull it off - and it's so warm and fuzzy I want to wear it A LOT! I'm really happy with all my Express acquisitions - I've gotten a lot of use out of all of them :-)

      Delete
  5. Great outfits, love the fur vest, I'm obsessed with faux fur this season! Oh and love your decor posts too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks White Bazaar - love how stylish and functional faux fur is...especially in this cold weather!

      Delete
  6. I love all the looks! You're such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review - I have also stayed away from the fur vest but you make me want to check the US site! :)

    Sequins&Stilettos

    ReplyDelete
  8. You wear this SO well, lady!! I've been eyeing fur vests, but totally unsure if I could carry it off. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your sense of style :) So chique!
    Following you now -
    Do visit me at http://purple-rain-fashion.blogspot.in/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Although I'm sure your vest is faux fur. I would highly recommend you to watch some youtube videos on fur farm. I saw it couple days ago and it really opened my eyes.

    https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10101391689265385

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...