Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Sweetest Gift & Flipping Through: Stylewatch September 2012


I came home from our long weekend trip and found the sweetest package in my mailbox from Lilly:


Everything was so thoughtful - the pink chevron card with the sweetest message, the fun sparkly nailpolish (my first Julep!) and the AMAZING turquoise and gold necklace from Bauble Bar - I'm super grateful - thank you so much Lilly - I wish we lived closer so that we could do brunch and shopping (my dream blogger date LOL!)

Along with my sweet gift, the September issue of my Stylewatch magazine was also in my mailbox...which means: time for another Flipping Through post!

Don't you love flipping through a magazine with friends: pointing out your favorite looks and wishlist items, then tearing out pages for future inspiration? Grab a mug of Green Tea and see what caught my attention in this month's Stylewatch magazine:


Emma Stone is on the cover - she's such a pretty girl (love her Covergirl ads) - am not sure why they chose this picture for the cover, it doesn't really look like her. She could be mistaken for Naomi Watts here...



Loving this outfit for fall - I'm still on the lookout for the perfect tweed jacket (since this Uniqueen one didn't work out for me).


After seeing this picture, I FINALLY understand the appeal of Alexa Chung - she looks gorgeous in this photo - love her dewy makeup and her blush pink clothes. And that bag...I think I need a Mulberry mini-Alexa - how can you resist such a teeny bag?


Am obsessed with Ashley Olsen's hand-embroidered pashmina shawl. I own 2 from Kashmir - but would love to pick up more (they're super pricey and it's not always easy to find ones with delicate work and the right color scheme).


Perfect outfit, shoes, hair and makeup: Kate Middleton can do no wrong


I'm getting excited for fall...I need new outerwear - Camilla Belle's looking cute in this Coach trench coat.

 

Love Katie's hairstyle here - sophisticated braids - so pretty!



Burgundy EVERYTHING is going to be huge this fall - including burgundy lips. Kate Bosworth looks great here - but I'm getting a very 90s vibe from this trend - am I the only one?



Claudia Schiffer is so gorgeous - always a supermodel!
 
Hope you enjoyed flipping through with me. All images are from People Stylewatch September 2012.

What trends are you excited for this fall? Will you be wearing burgundy lipstick?

21 comments:

  1. I love that issue, I think I drooled all over it LOL :)

    Yes, Lilly is so incredibly sweet and thoughtful. Loved the necklaces she chose for us <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. September magazine issues are the best - so much inspiration! Am seriously impressed by Lilly's styling abilities - when I saw Andi's necklace - it was SO her - and yours suits you so well.

      Delete
  2. What a sweet gift, that necklace is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, very very sweet gift! love the magazine clips, I'm still looking for my perfect tweed jacket, Kat Moss's is still a firm fav (shame about price tag!) Kate Bosworth is definitely channeling the 90s look here, she reminds me of Moss in her early days! Hope you had a fun-filled weekend Ella :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right - Kate B looks a lot like 90s Kate Moss...Did you ever try any of the Zara tweed jackets - they have quite a few but nothing *just right* for me...

      Weekend was fun - took the kids to the waterpark and had some good family time :-)

      Delete
  4. Aw Lilly did such a great job! That necklace is completely gorgeous and will look amazing on you. She is so sweet.
    I love Emma Stone and her style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Emma Stone too - her covergirl ads are so pretty! And she looks good in all the different hair colors she's tried (redhead, blonde, brunette!)

      Delete
  5. I'm loving Burgundy at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - though I don't know if I can rock Burgundy skinnies - they remind me too much of high school!

      Delete
  6. I'm also in love with Kate Middleton. Epitome of class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she? I love that she knows what works for her and sticks to it - she always makes the right choice for every occasion.

      Delete
  7. There is a pretty nice tweed jacket at club Monaco right now .... A bit boxy but I got it anyways .... Going to have the waist curved out if it really bothers me :)

    Live your flipping through posts ... Might do this too since I always tag my magazines anyways :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you post a pic of your Club Monaco jacket - I'd love to see it. I never think to go to that store- I have such limited shopping time that I always end up at the same few stores! Would love to see your flipping through post to see what you'be been tagging.

      Delete
  8. I love this months Style-Watch issue. And happy you like your gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. While Kate B's looks really beautiful (as always) I was totally thinking of pictures of myself from highschool!
    Ashley's shawl is really pretty and I could so picture you wearing it. I hope you are able to find something similar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindy - I do have 2 similar ones - but I want more LOL!

      Delete
  10. I'm about 1/2 way through this mag... Wanted to take in every second of it's gloriousness :)

    xoxo Shauna

    kissesandcontracts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just spent the night in, curled up, pouring over the same magazine. I can't wait for fall fashion!

    xo emily, www.bupster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall fashion is the best - can't wait to start wearing my scarves again!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...