- Clean & Clear Advantage Popped Pimple Relief Drying Paste - I chose this product because it has great reviews on Makeup Alley (96% repurchase rate). It is a salicylic acid based paste which you apply at night on inflamed (or extracted) spots, and it minimizes them over time. Have been using it for 3 nights, and while it doesn't magically remove spots over night, I do feel it shrinks them and dries them out.
- Proactiv Refining Mask - I'm currently using my Queen Helene Mint Julep mask to treat hyper-pigmented marks, but I plan on trying this next.
- Proactiv Revitalizing Toner - I think individual products in the Proactiv range are good - but using the WHOLE system together is too harsh. This toner contains 6% glycolic acid which is anti-aging and mildly exfoliating. I use this every night - it actually works in place of a moisturizer AND helps fade acne scarring. I may move on to a different glycolic acid treatment eventually, but I think this is a good starter product.
- Macadamia Deep Repair Masque - Have seen great reviews of this EVERYWHERE. Since my hair is a bit heat damaged at the moment (too much curling!), I'm hoping this will get it back in shape.
- MAC Pro-longwear Concealer - I've had a hard time covering up my current breakouts - no matter what I use (Dermablend + Cicaplast Primer, MUFE foundation, Hourglass primer or mineral make-up) there would ALWAYS be patching up and drying around my blemishes. Then I found this video on Youtube - where they used this concealer IN PLACE OF foundation. I went out and got a sample at MAC (they matched me to NW35) and was surprised at how good this product was...as mentioned in the video, it's VERY buildable yet doesn't look powdery or heavy at all - and lasts a LONG time (Dermablend looks mask-like after a couple of hours). I'm SO glad I found this product BUT there is a down-side: MAC foundations aren't the best for acne-prone skin - so I save this product for special occasions and use mineral make-up all other times.
- Bioderma Crealine Travel size - I couldn't resist this adorable teeny bottle for my traveling bag. Am on my 2nd bottle of this make-up remover in the regular size.
|Zara BASIC Sandals|
|Aeropostale Jelly Sandals|
|ALDO Tebeau Clutch|
What was your latest purchase? Can you use Benzoyl Peroxide products?