Monday, March 19, 2012

Pics from my Phone

Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra necklace dupe from JoeFRESH at Loblaws for CAD$19. First saw Veronika's etsy-version here and Katherine's original here. May have to go back for the turquoise version.

My next wishlist item - LV Damier Ebene Neverfull in the PM size - it's so tiny I love it! It's about the size of a speedy but no zip and you can put it on your shoulder. I  wanted to take a pic of me wearing it but the sweet salesguy didn't understand and posed with it instead LOL!

Whole Foods carries Butter LONDON nailpolishes! I love it when I can sneak *MY* shopping in with a grocery run!

My first FRANKEN-polish (yes - that's what they're called!). Turning my Sally Hansen I Pink I Can into something more wearable - ignore the clumsy application. Just kept mixing in darker shades until it turned a deep pink color.

Cookies I've baked for my kiddies' class parties...who knew decorating cookies could be so much fun? 

What's your next wishlist item?

16 comments:

  1. My wishlist item is also an LV Ella! I keep debating between a speedy or the small neverfull. I love both. I'm a sucker for the speedy, but I think the tote is more practical. I'm waiting until my next birthday in September to treat myself ;) Do you own a speedy already? This will be my first foray into the LV realm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Mono Speedy 25 (pic here: http://ellaprettyblog.blogspot.ca/2010/04/outfit-of-day-and-some-shopping.html)

      I got it in 2010 but I'm just starting to use it more now that the vachetta handles have turned a honey color (I like how they look when they're darker, and you don't have to worry about uneven discoloration).

      The speedy is a classic - CON: it can feel a bit heavy as you have to hold it on your hand or forearm (not ideal for shopping) PRO: the zip closure is very practical and secure.

      I've heard the neverfull straps can dig into your shoulders - and you have to be careful with your wallet as there's no full closure - but I'll get a zipped purse organizer to go inside mine :-)

      Can't wait to see what you choose!

      Delete
  2. That is such a great dupe for that necklace, very pretty too! Those cookies are SO adorable, I love the ducks and the little teddy bears- you're such a fun mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Schnelle - I was so excited to find the necklace - I'd been wanting to order one from the etsy shop - but this was even cheaper.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah - they were fun to make - I used new playdough cutters as cookie cutters.

      Delete
  4. Oh my heck I'm giggling over the fact that the sales guy posed FOR you with the handbag! haha, classic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - he was so sweet and helpful that I didn't want to correct him LOL!

      Delete
  5. I have a damier neverfull mm and it is by far my fave bag, it's so perfect for everyday

    Mal @ The Chic Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why it would be a favorite! I actually prefer LV's 2 "basic"/classic bags (speedy & neverfull) over there more expensive ones - the simple designs look best to me.

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, I can't believe that was from JoeFresh?! I totally thought you were wearing V&A! What a great find. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had the real V&A necklace...although there are probably A LOT of other wishlist items I'd get before that LOL!

      Delete
  7. It's really a wonderful blog. Loved your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome blog! Love the purse and necklace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still debating the purse - not sure if I want the neverfull PM or speedy 30 style...oh well, I'm not purchasing it any time soon LOL!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...