|My hand...waving hello?|
- The Body Shop Wild Rose Hand Cream - ($10 for 1oz) I bought this mainly for the scent - a beautiful natural rose fragrance. It's very light and absorbs easily but is otherwise unremarkable - no prolonged moisturizing or improvement in skin.
- L'Occitane Shea Hand Cream - ($10 for 1oz) VERY popular - HG item for many, but just OK for me. Sweet natural scent, leaves my hands soft but nothing more. On the plus side - the size is very convenient for my handbag - this is my second tube.
- AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream - ($7 for travel size) I don't like silicone-y creams as I feel they only work temporarily by creating a silicone barrier on top of your skin - doesn't improve the underlying skin (still looks dry and wrinkly). This softens hands immediately and leaves them feeling silky - but that's about it. Reminds me of Glysomed.
- Vaseline Healthy Hand & Nail - ($4 for 3oz) Basic drugstore option - feels lovely when you apply it, but is just a light lotion that absorbs quickly and with no lasting effects or benefits.
- Fruit & Passion Avocado Hand Butter - ($8 for 1.4oz) My favorite! Gorgeous natural scent, visible moisturization, adorable packaging (also sold in a tube). Non-greasy but it leaves a tangible barrier that keeps your skin feeling soft - even after washing your hands. I prefer Fruits & Passion products to the Body Shop or Bath & Bodyworks because they seem richer and of better quality.
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - ($19.50 for 2.3oz) This cult favorite is used for lips, cuticles and any really dry skin. It's VERY greasy and has an unpleasant medicinal smell. I use it overnight and wake up to noticeably moisturized skin. This is the original 8-hour cream, there is a hand cream version too - but I haven't tried it.
- Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream - ($5 for 2oz) This one looks and feels like Vaseline jelly (although its main ingredient is glycerin). I think this would be a good staple to keep in your handbag/dashboard in the winter - it immediately improves all dry patches - and is wallet friendly. This cream is my second favorite.
- Aquaphor - ($9 for 3.5oz) Another Vaseline-like cream - this is a good dupe for the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream at half the price. Another bonus, this version is odorless! They even have similar ingredients (Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Lanolin) but the Aquaphor has Glycerin while the 8-hour cream has Castor Oil and Salicylic Acid.
- Kiehls Ultimate Strength Hand Salve - ($14 for 2.5oz) I've just started using this, but I think it may replace the L'Occitane cream as my handbag staple. It absorbs quickly and leaves my skin feeling silky and moisturized. It is heavy duty but doesn't have the greasy feeling that most hand-salves have.
NEXT ON MY LIST TO TRY: Soap & Glory Hand Food (apparently it smells like Coco Mademoiselle perfume!), Clarins Hand & Nail Treatment and this Etsy cream I read about on the Purse Forum. Also want to try Bliss Moisturizing Gloves.
Which is your favorite hand cream - would LOVE to hear your recommendations.
DISCLAIMER: I purchased all these items myself except for the AHAVA cream (was in my glossybox) and the Kiehls salve (was a free gift with purchase).