Friday, July 22, 2011

What I've been doing....

Organizing and decorating my house:
Sparse, huh? I've got a long way to go! Kids' bedroom so far (Paint: Benjamin Moore in Devon Cream, Bed: Ikea Leksvik, Quilts: Pottery Barn Clara and Ryder)

Dreaming about owning a Chanel WOC:
Source: Nicole's Guide to Style
 Hubby said I could get one as a combined birthday/anniversary present...now I just have to figure out which one I want and where to buy it from (may be cheaper to get it in the US when we go on holiday)

Reading Extra Petite Blog: 
Jean has an amazing sense of style - especially with regards to fit and layering. Love her classic choices and helpful posts - here are two of my faves: whether to get an outfit altered and how to look older (this post is SO funny!)

Trying to get back to being healthy:
Something I made the other day: Chicken skewers with Greek salad
I've fallen into a vicious cycle of exhaustion and non-healthy eating (I'm tired so I crave simple carbs...and then I feel even more sluggish!). I've got to get back to making salads and smoothies every day. Also, I no longer have access to my old gym, but we're hoping to buy an elliptical trainer for the basement soon...I miss exercising!

What have you been up to?

5 comments:

  1. HI Ella, the kids room is so cute! I really like how neutral the paint color is- may consider it for a home renovation that I'm helping my parents with. You're so lucky that you're getting a WOC for a gift from hubby, they are definitely versatile and are perfect for a dinner/night out. The chicken skewers and salad you made looks very tasty and healthy- now if only i could learn how to use the barbeque :) Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MMC - it took me a long while to figure out what paint colours to use - everything looks so different in swatches and pictures. But this colour (Devon Cream) was love at first sight :-) Thanks for all the Toronto/Chanel advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dinner looks so good! I love fresh foods, they really do make a huge difference in how we feel, right? I hope you can get back into an exercise routine again soon, I know how important that is for feeling good.
    Congrats again on the new house, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ella, you are such a sweetheart! I'm so touched by your kind words. BY the way, what a great husband you have for offering up the WOC as a gift, but well deserved I see. Did you go to your local Chanel and ask to see what colors they'll be coming in this Fall/Winter? That's probably a good start to deciding what color or style you want. Apparently there's 3 or more styles of wallet on chains now! Whatever you end up picking, I know you'll just love it : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andi - I can't wait to order the elliptical machine...I'm not that good at doing exercise videos, and I hate not working out at all :-P

    Jean - thanks so much for commenting - I really love your blog and youtube videos. Because of you, I'm now on the lookout for an Amrita Singh Nello necklace - they look amazing! Thanks for the WOC tip - I will call my local boutique to see what they say about the upcoming collection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...