Monday, February 7, 2011

Kate Moss Style

I just finished reading the BEST book: Kate Moss Style: Inside the World's Most Famous Wardrobe.

If you love Kate Moss' style (who doesn't??) and you want to see her fashion evolution over time - you HAVE to read this book! It has lots of great pictures and VERY interesting writing (the author is a contributing editor for Grazia - love that magazine). I bookmarked many outfits - here are some of my favourites:
Page 15, 1993
I think this picture shows Kate's natural beauty - she just makes EVERYTHING she wears look great - even a shapeless sweater!
Page 23, 1993
I love how simply she is styled here - side-parted hair, simple make-up and understated dress.
Page 57, 1994
This flapper dress is so glamorous. The diamond necklace was a gift from Johnny Depp.
Page 69
Perfect 90s style - very sleek and classy.
Page 117, 2002
Kate had the most AMAZING pregnancy style - love the peasant top and skinny scarf combination - I'm going to try copy this look as soon as the weather is warm enough (the non-bump version of course LOL!)
Page 119, 2003
I wanted to get a dress like this for my 30th birthday - I didn't find one - but if I ever do, I'm totally wearing it for my next birthday - it's so goddess-like.
Page 138, 2006
Kate wearing one of her "music festival" outfits - I'm not crazy about the individual pieces (the bottom part looks like droopy diapers...and she should have worn a bra!) but I love how ethereal she looks with the light blonde hair and sparkly top.
Page 142, 2005
I'm not a huge fan of the jacket or scarf - but I still think Kate looks amazing here - she's a true supermodel and makes running errands look like she's on a runway.
Page 143, 2005
Another amazing dress - I love black lace over nude material. I also love her hair and make-up here - I think she does this look for a lot of black-tie events (tousled hair, dark smudgy eye make-up).
Page 156, 2006
Beautiful Maxi dress - love the blue accents and the hippy hairstyle. Would love to recreate this look.
Page 194
Another classic look - there's nothing special about the individual items - but the proportions are perfect - and they come together so well.


Have you read this book? What is your favourite Kate Moss look?

10 comments:

  1. Oh I love that yellow dress too, that is so soft and gorgeous, I think it would flatter most figures. I had a dress alot like that but it was royal purple silk and I got it from Marshalls for $20 last minute when I needed something to wear to a wedding. I would love something like that again something in blue or cream maybe. I cant wait until its dress season again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kate Moss and would loooove this book!!! I might have to get it.....

    pearlsandgreentea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer - I think Kate Moss designed a version of that yellow dress for her Topshop line. I agree with you - it would also look really pretty in a light aqua or cream.

    Jiye - you have to get this book - the text is really interesting - and SOOO many gorgeous photos - with lots of different hairstyles, make-up looks and outfits - very inspirational :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She really does make the simplest pieces look so extraordinary. And she's a woman who I think just gets more beautiful with age.

    And that yellow dress! I'm with you: maybe the most gorgeous I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her classy look reminds me so much of you, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pink - she is one of those rare people that could make a burlap sack look amazing LOL! She'd just belt it in the *right* way - and make everyone else rush out and buy one!

    Lindy - awwww- you're the sweetest...I wish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy smokes...that yellow dress rocked my world. i haven't read the book, but i can't wait to flip through it just for the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth - it's a great read...I love owning books that have pages and pages of celebs wearing outfits - saves me having to tear pics out of magazines for inspiration LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post girl! that dresses are amazing and kate moss is soooo elegant! love the pic and post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...