Friday, October 15, 2010

My Favourite Magazine (lots of scanned pics)

In my teens I was OBSESSED with fashion magazines - nothing would make me happier than poring over Mademoiselle, Seventeen and Vogue. In my twenties I lived in the UK, and enjoyed reading Heat, New Woman and Grazia. Currently, I'm not as enamoured of fashion/beauty magazines as I used to be - they  seem to be the same content regurgitated every 3-4 months. In terms of fashion advice - I prefer practical and concrete examples, rather than editorial spreads with outfits that ONLY look good in certain poses and lighting conditions.

That is why I LOVE People StyleWatch magazine - it provides me with usable inspiration. It has candid pictures of celebs in the clothes they wear in their daily life. Of course in many cases the stars are perfectly styled and had their publicists call the paparazzi. But it doesn't take away from the fact that they are walking around in these clothes and looking good - which is more relatable for me than heavily airbrushed fashion spreads.

I've scanned some images from the August and September issues to share the looks that I'm currently loving. I didn't want to scan from the October issue as it is currently on newsstands.

Love the multi-tone browns on Kate Moss - from her matching tan bags and boots to her camel scarf and tweed jacket. Her top is a beautiful soft pink - which is not really showing up in this scan.
People StyleWatch September 2010
Eva does a tonal combination of greys accented by black shoes and jacket - and a gorgeous navy Hermes Birkin. Lush scarves and luxe bags are a great combo!
People StyleWatch August 2010
Jessica Alba also models a multi-tone brown look. I think this outfit is very wearable - love the cardigan and Jessica's bright lipstick.
People StyleWatch September 2010
Rachel Bilson's Army Green jacket is lovely. I need a light fall coat - and have been tempted by this Army Green one at Old Navy.
People StyleWatch August 2010
I've never watched a Kardashian show - but I adore EVERYTHING about Kourtney's outfit. From her long-layered hair, to her slouchy sweater and jeans combo to her GORGEOUS Balenciaga bag...this is my favourite look from this selection.
People StyleWatch August 2010

I love Jessica's shawl sweater paired with the lighter grey t-shirt and skinny jeans. But I don't like her shoes AT ALL.
People StyleWatch September 2010
Not really a fall look - but a picture that shows off everything I admire about Jennifer Aniston's style. Her clothes are simple but fit her perfectly. She has great posture and perfectly styled hair with subtle but glossy make-up. A lot of people find her style boring - but I think it's classic.
People StyleWatch September 2010
Which magazines do you enjoy reading? I also subscribe to Style at Home (a decor magazine) and LouLou (a Canadian fashion magazine). Are you inspired by celeb fashion?

DISCLAIMER: I pay for my PEOPLE StyleWatch subscription - and am not being paid to write about it!

7 comments:

  1. I was the exact same way growing up and still am! I have subscriptions to 17 different magazines! I absolutely love Style Watch, the "real" life pics are great inspiration. What a fun post, I absolutely adore Kate Moss' look (always!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 17 magazines! Wow! Which ones would you recommend? I love Kate Moss' style as well...she looks good in EVERYTHING she chooses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ella, You won my BurtsBees giveaway! Email me your address:)
    As for mags; love LouLou as well!! MarieClaire (great articles) & Allure. Decor; Canadian House&&Home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeek - OMG - how exciting! And great timing too, as I've nearly finished what I'm currently using...fingers crossed their acne system works for me! Off to send you an email!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!

    I love People StyleWatch (I buy it at the newstands) but I have subscriptions to In Style, Town and Country, Allure, and Self. But my favorite mags are really the crafty ones, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you get a lot of fun mags - I love In Style and Allure too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Jen's style, too! And I'm always fascinated with Kate Moss but it's unfortunately not quite me... sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...