Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall Shopping

I did some fall shopping this weekend. First on my list was skinny jeans - when the weather turns cold, there is nothing more comfortable than skinny jeans worn with warm boots. I took advantage of the Old Navy 16th anniversary sale, and picked up some skinny jeans for $16. However, after trying them on at home, I realised I liked the fit of Garage jeans better - so I returned the ON jeans and picked up some Garage ones instead.

In this picture I'm wearing Garage Dark jeggings, Garage flannel shirt (I loved the ruby colour - and it's so soft and warm) with Nine West boots.
I also picked up grey skinny jeans from Garage (Their denim sale has 50% off your second pair of jeans). I found the black v-neck sweater at Smart Set. It is soft and silky, and was on offer for $14.99. My boots are Payless faux Uggs from last year.

My last purchase was a charcoal grey sweater from Suzy Shier. It is a good basic - and has cute little pockets near the waist - but they didn't show up in my pic. I'm not too happy with this store though - they have a BAD return policy - which they didn't mention when I made my purchase. Apparently - they only offer store credit - NO refunds! I actually purchased 3 items from them (because I like to try them on at home with my own clothes to see if they work with my wardrobe) so I asked the sales associate what their return policy was - and she said 14 days. If she had said they don't offer refunds, I would not have purchased all 3 items! Now I have around $40 of store credit -grrr! I'm sure I'll find a use for them, as they have some quality staples at the store - but a lot of their stuff is quite tacky and cheap-looking!
I still have a couple more items to buy - I need a light fall coat and 2 evening-appropriate tops. My Balenciaga savings fund is quite pathetic at the moment - so far I've only saved $7! Still....I'll get there eventually!

In skin care news - I'm excited because I have a dermatologist appointment this week. Apparently my dermatologist is booked up until January - but luckily the receptionist found an early spot for me! I believe my acne is hormonal - and although I've tried a lot of different treatments for my skin - I still have a moderate acne problem - so I hope that the dermatologist will have an effective solution for me. I'll update here after my appointment.

What clothing items are on your fall shopping list?

8 comments:

  1. Great finds! Love the grey skinny jeans. And I have to agree with you - Suzy Shier's return policy sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I love new jeans, it's like Christmas for me!
    These look so good on you, your figure is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lena and Andi! I'm so happy to find a brand with jeans that I like...the Old Navy jeans used to suit me - but this time round they made my legs look like stuffed sausages LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care for ON's skinny jean's either. Something about the fit just doesn't seem quite right. I LOVE your new black v-neck! Too cute! Still waiting on cooler weather down south, lol.
    I think I told you about the rx I'm taking for my acne and it has worked wonders! Not sure if it's something that would work for you but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask. It's called minocyclene (the spelling may be off). Good luck at the docs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Went to the Derm today - will update in a post later - but he prescribed my minocyclene and a topical antibiotic too - clindets (clandamycin phosphate). Did your acne completely disappear? What mg were you on - he's starting me off on 50mg, and told me to go to 100mg a day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those outfits are adorable! I'm dying for a really nice leather jacket. Oh well...someday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A leather jacket sounds really good right now - it's so cooooold all of a sudden!

    Lovely blog by the way - I look forward to reading it - fashion, food and decor - my favourite things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My acne is mostly gone (I still get the occasional small, nearly invisible spot). I'm not sure of the dosage since I take it out of the bottle and put them into my pill box. ( I have it written down someplace, lol!!) I posted a little about my results in your other post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...