Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Perfect Button-down Shirt...and other things

I had to pick up some birthday gifts at the Mall - and I stopped by the GAP since they were having 25% off your whole purchase today. I'm glad I went in, because I found THE perfect button-down shirt. I love the look of button-down shirts - but it is hard to find one that is: feminine... non-boxy...doesn't gape at the button holes....doesn't button up too high...doesn't have weird shoulders, etc. I tried this pink and white striped shirt in XS - and it was love-at-first-wear! The shirt was so comfy and it fit in all the right places - it felt like it was made for me.

The material and tailoring is lovely - it seems worth the $50 price tag, but I'm glad I didn't pay full price! There wasn't time to look for other shirts - but I have a 20% off coupon (for filling in their internet survey) - so I would love to go back and find a similar shirt in blue.
While I'm on the subject of shopping, I bought a necklace a couple of weeks ago...at Sears...and I think it is very "interesting"...(although my mother and sister think it's hideous!). Most of my jewelry is delicate - while this is a "statement necklace" - but there is something very pretty about the pink, white and yellow enamel flowers - I just had to get it. It's a lot chunkier than my other necklaces - and to be honest, I'm not sure how to wear it - right now I'm playing it safe and pairing it with either black or white tops.

Be honest - what do you think of this necklace - would you wear it? (I will anyway - I just want to know if I'm the only person that likes it!)

Another thing I've been thinking about recently is perfume. I don't like owning too many bottles - currently I have five: Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel (my favourite), Angel by Thierry Mugler, Burberry Weekend for Men (I love its citrus-y smell), Benefit's Maybe Baby and an Arabian Rose Perfume (I like combining this with Angel to soften the scent).
perfume

I've tried on two perfumes recently: Miss Dior Cherie and Chloe. First of all - aren't their bottles beautiful - with the delicate ribbons tied around their necks? Miss Dior Cherie reminds me A LOT of Coco Mademoiselle - perhaps because they have similar notes.** I prefer Coco Mademoiselle, so I don't think I'd buy Miss Dior. I'm very tempted to get Chloe though. I sprayed the tester on yesterday, and couldn't stop sniffing my wrist all day. The base notes are really sweet and long-lasting - with lots of floral ingredients: Pink Peony, Freesia, Lychee, Magnolia Flower, Lilly of the Valley, Rose, Cedarwood, Amber and Honey.

What is your favourite perfume? I'd love to read about it in the comments.

**Coco Mademoiselle has:
Orange, Bergamot, Jasmine Petals, Morning Rose, Patchouli and Vetvier Express
**Miss Dior Cherie has:
Green Tangerine, Violette, Pink Jasmine, Patchouli, Crystalline Musk, Strawberry Leaves, Caramelized Popcorn (?!?!) and Strawberry Sorbet).

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through Makeup Junkie's site. I absolutely LOVE the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for visiting :-)
    Yay - I'm not the only person who loves the necklace!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...