I've seen this tag on 2 of my favourite blogs: Veronika's Blushing and Saltwater Dreams - I love reading these surveys, so I thought I'd join in as well. I tag whoever reads this blog (feel free to answer in the comments section too!)
1) How many times do you wash your face daily?
Twice - morning and night.
2) What skin type do you have?
Combo with small/medium pores (thanks to the Clarisonic I think!)
3) What is your current facial wash?
4) Do you exfoliate?
5) What brand do you use?
I use the Clarisonic every night, and an aspirin mask once a week
6) What moisturizer do you use?
7) Do you have freckles?
8) Do you use eye cream?
Yes. I used to use my night moisturizer around my eyes, but have recently started using Aveeno Positively Ageless eye cream.
9) Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
I think I do. It got better, but my Biotin and Castor Oil treatments are causing spots on my forehead.
10) Did you ever have to use Pro-Activ?
No - and I've heard of TOO many bad experiences to want to try it.
11) What foundation do you use?
Everyday Minerals in Olive Medium
12) How about concealer?
MAC studio finish in NC35 (I only use it under my eyes)
13) Do you know your undertone colour?
14) What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I will wear them to "big" occasions - they can totally make a look. If you need help putting them on - watch tutorials on youtube...it's not as difficult as it seems.
15) Did you know you were supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yup...but I hold out a little bit longer...
16) What brand of mascara do you use?
Right now: CG Lashblast Volume and Maybelline's Full n Soft
17) Sephora or Mac?
18) Do you have a Mac Pro card?
19) What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?
20) Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Not really - sometimes I apply concealer or foundation on my lids as a base. I intend to buy Urban Decay Primer Potion at some point.
21) For the face?
I reapply my Aveeno moisturiser - you need moist skin for mineral make-up, so that you don't look dry or flaky.
22) What is your favourite eyeshadow? Colour or shade?
I love bronze shimmery shades.
23) Do you use pencil or liquid liner?
Gel liner - doesn't budge!
24) How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Ow...I often poke my left eye with the mascara wand - something about the angle...
25) What do you think of pigment eye shadows?
Haven't tried them, and don't think I will.
26) Do you use mineral makeup?
Yes - Everyday Minerals. I tried Bare Escentuals, but it left my skin feeling itchy and irritated. Everday Minerals suits me - AND - they have great sample sizes, so it is easy (and cheap) to find a good shade match.
27) What is your favourite lipstick?
28) How about lipgloss?
Chanel Glossimer in Blizzard
29) What is your favourite blush to use?
Chanel Blush in Utopia (think it is discontinued)
30) Do you buy your makeup on Ebay?
No - but I did get some special edition MAC brushes and a Hello Kitty MAC make-up bag (after thoroughly checking the authenticity)
31) Do you like drugstore makeup?
I'll use whichever product suits me the *best* - whether that is drugstore or department store...BUT, I'd rather have a small collection with a few quality items
32) Do you go to CCO's?Cosmetic Company Outlet?
No - but I'd love to go.
33) Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?
No - and I don't think I'd want to...I'd rather learn from youtube - it is more useful and relevant.
34) Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
I don't think so - but I'm not that good at colourful eyeshadow application
35) Name a makeup crime that you hate?
When people do beautiful make-up - then pose for photos doing "duckface"...it's probably a generational thing - but for me, it just spoils the effect.
36) Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick or eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
37) Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Nicole Richie, Jennifer Lopez and Lea Michele from Glee
38) If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use?
Cream blusher in a rosy/bronze-y colour.
39) Could you leave the house without any makeup on?
40) Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
I'm content with how I look without make-up - I usually only wear it 2-3 times a week - so I'm definitely not dependent on it.
41) In your opinion what is the BEST makeup line?
Hard to say - but I think Benefit has a lot of flattering and unique products.
42) What do you think of makeup?
You can use it to enhance your best features - or to completely look like a different person. I like to use it for the first reason - to make: my lashes look thicker, my skin look smoother, my cheeks look rosier, and my lips look glossier - but not as a mask to cover myself.