Monday, April 12, 2010

Recent Beauty Purchases


Just a quick post showing my latest beauty-related purchases:
Sally Beauty supply:
-China glaze nailpolishes in Jetstream, Grape Juice and Strawberry Fields. I've heard so much about the quality of these polishes - and am very excited to try them for myself!
-Argan Oil - another popular product at Sally's. I own Moroccan Oil already, so will be good to compare.
-Nail Polish Thinner - have been looking for this for ages - hope it makes some of my old faves usable again!
-Hairdressing clips - will be helpful in sectioning off my hair when I curl it.
Shoppers Drug Mart:
-Benefit Eye Bright - SDM were giving free $20 Esso gift cards with $75 purchases, so this nearly paid for itself!
-Shiseido Facial Cotton - quality cotton pads make such a difference when applying toner and removing eye make-up (no falling apart and fluff everywhere). I've never tried this particular product before, but have heard that it is amazing.
Health food Store:
Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel - I've decanted some of this toner into a spray bottle, and will be using it as a substitute for MAC's Fix+ spray. I was drawn in by the rose scent and the pink packaging.
Walmart (not pictured):
Burts Bees Ageless Serum - I've decided to switch back to this after getting REALLY fed up with the Radiance serum - it did NOT make my skin radiant - it made it DRY! (I will use up the rest of the Radiance Serum as a foot moisturiser - the only thing it is fit for...)
CG Lashblast Volume Mascara - I haven't had a chance to try this out - but I have high hopes for it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh let us know if you think the Sally's Argan oil is similar to the Morroccan oil! I'd love to know if it's a cheaper alternative.

    Can you give a review of the witch hazel too? Always looking for a good toner without alcohol.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely post a comparison of the 2 oils here - thanks for asking!

    For the Witch Hazel - I'm currently just spraying it on my face in the morning before moisturizing - but my *real* toner is Burts Bees Tomato Toner, which I use at night to remove all traces of make-up, cleanser etc. Am scared to switch from that - I did once, and I broke out LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...