|c/o Top (worn over a lace cami) / Jeans / Sandals (similar) / Bag|
I've picked up SO many tips from reading message boards and blog posts - and I want to share everything that has helped me. But when it comes to writing it all down - I keep putting it off, because there is TOO much information! So I've decided to split this topic up into 3 parts:
- My Current Skincare Routine
- What I Did to Avoid Accutane
- How I Cover my Acne with Makeup (since my friends had no idea about the state of my skin - and were surprised to see what I was covering under my makeup!)
- Wash with Spectrojel
- Use Tria Blue Light Device (read why I love it here)
- Spray with Avene Thermal Spring Water
- Apply Kiehl's Avocado Eye Treatment, Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer and Neutrogena Water-Light Sunscreen
- Use Pond's Cold Cream to remove eye makeup
- Wash off makeup with Clinique Take the Day Off Balm
- Second cleanse with Spectrojel to remove any greasy residue
- Apply Kiehl's Avocado Eye Treatment
- Apply prescription 0.25% Retin-A
- Pat on Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer mixed with Kosmea Rosehip Oil
- Apply anti-aging moisturizers on my neck and hands
- Apply Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleanser as a mask and leave it on for 10 minutes. Wash off, then use Spectrojel and a Clarisonic to cleanse my face.
- These products are tried and tested on my sensitive skin - I've been using them for at least 2 years if not longer.
- Although Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide are commonly used to treat acne, they don't suit my skin. So for bacteria fighting and spot-healing purposes, I use the Tria Blue Light device and Retin-A.
- I've recently added Pond's Cold Cream as an eye-makeup remover - and it's the most effective and gentle remover I've ever tried. I mix a dime-size amount with a splash of warm water and apply it over my eyes. It instantly melts off my mascara and liner. I then take a wet cotton pad and wipe off the Pond's. This technique keeps my eye area hydrated, prevents unnecessary tugging of skin and keeps my lashes healthy.
- I use Rosehip oil at night for added moisture, and also because it has anti-aging and scar-repairing properties. I've previously tried using Jojoba oil, but it broke me out. I read many reviews of different Rosehip oils and chose Kosmea because it's cold-pressed and organic.
- I love using the Kiehls Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleanser as a mask. I apply it in the shower and let it sit for 10 minutes, so that the Amazonian White Clay can clean out my pores. I use circular motions to remove the mask - allowing the ground Oat Kernels to lightly exfoliate my skin. My skin always feels so soothed and clarified after using this!